Pages

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

My First Post

This should be fun, because I love to write! I hope it will be for you too. 

I decided since we have a lot going on in our lives right now, the best place to share those happenings with friends and family would be this fun little blogspot. 

Titles I considered were "hiccups of a newlywed," "renovation gone wild," because that's just how life feels these days....However, as is in most cases, I reached out to Brian, and said, please describe our lives, or what you think of us in 2 words. He simply said "great adventure"....While that's certainly true, and part of the engraving on his wedding band....The title came as did the byline, all thanks to him, and our new house!
 
Fun fact: Brian and I met 3 years ago today actually. So what better time to start a blog about our lives than on the day we met?! [Brian insists the only day he has to remember is our anniversary which will come in May of next year !]

For my first entry I want to share with you the goings on at our "new house" - so you know, we now refer to our house(s) - yes 2 homes - by the terms "new house" and "old house". Example of a normal conversation for Brian and I these days, "I'm heading to the old house to check on things," in reply "great, meet you at the new house in 30 minutes," -- see we have to clear things up or we'd be passing each other!

New house was purchased back in March - more on that at another time. Here's how she looked on the day we signed the closing papers. Yes, I did say she, I like to think the house is a female as it has great bones, but needed a bit of make-up to really make her Pop!
(March 10 2014)
The fun was just about to begin and we didn't even know what we were doing. (Still don't) There are several things that took place over the next few months, I'm sure I will share those later on down the road. One of which was a Lovely wedding!!! And a lot of demolition, and lets be honest, maybe even a little bit of fussing. We were just about to find out what Everyone had been warning kindly telling us about being newlyweds and (surviving) a home remodel.

As of right now, we are about half way done with the new house. And yes, for those who don't know, we do live there. I would say about 85% of the upstairs is complete; while only about 40% of the downstairs is finished. Electricians have been at our house all week, we've had someone at the house (re-painting) the last 2 weeks, and the plumber is in and out of the house once week. 

I want to be as honest as possible (well, maybe I won't share everything) some days are really hard. Yesterday I cried, it felt like everything was going wrong. We all have those days, where we feel like our problems are the biggest in the world. Brian reminded me sitting on the porch last night, that we are so blessed, and while at that moment I didn't want to listen to him, he was so right. This morning I watched the sunrise and I thanked God for everything that we have....And for the promises I know are in store. It felt good to thank, instead of pray for the problems.
And so, while we have A Lot left and feel a bit overwhelmed, that view is worth it.... 


And there you have it, Our Life with a View!

No comments:

Post a Comment