Pages

Friday, October 2, 2015

Demo, Roof, and more Demo

The day we closed, a Monday, we began demo that same afternoon. Brian was eager to 'knock some walls down' - and I was just thankful he wanted to help me with the process period.


We decided to demo ourselves, because 
1. it saves a Ton of money, and 
2. I like knowing we put some work into the house ourselves. 
Here's a look at a few of the same rooms I shared in the previous post.

We spent Monday and Tuesday 4-8 each night, then Wednesday 1 hour working no this demo. To document, it took us 9-10 hours to get the house where we needed it to be, in order to begin plumbing and electric updates.



After we did our part with demo, I hired someone to put on a new roof.
Since I'm very detail oriented, I made it a point to get on the roof myself, to make sure everything was going -as it should -
I've been asked, "are you on budget" - yes, so far. Although, the roof was not part of it, I still had an 'oh crap' line item. Thankfully the roof fit that section. And I'll be happy to have someone rent or buy this house knowing it has a new roof! 

Back to demo: As is the case with almost everything I do - I hired my sheetrock guy, and he decided he would demo the rest of my walls. I told Brian, we should have met him weeks earlier. HE did a phenomenal job with his crew getting the rest of the house down to the studs-- I would like to point out, that Brian and I did not give up here, we just thought the walls were in good enough shape to keep them as they were. Ronnie, did not agree. Which is why I showed up one morning and he'd done this: 



And while I know, these pictures may not mean a lot to you, the house has come a Long way in the last month. We have updated all new plumbing and electric, and my guys put in brand new windows!!! Such a difference having those in! 
This week we will begin insulation (which I was shocked to learn, not a single bit was in the walls before) and brand new sheetrock! 
I can't wait to see how Brentwood looks once the new walls are back up!


No comments:

Post a Comment