Pages

Saturday, November 8, 2014

It Just Feels Slow

Some days are just slower than others, the week of (Oct 19-25)  - there was zero movement in the house. Nothing, Zilch, Nada, Zero Movement - No one came to work.....And when I say that, its really hard to believe, because we have SO much work that needs to be done here!
But, thankfully things are progressing This week (Nov 3-7). Sheetrock has been put up in the basement, which means, I have walls :) We hope they will be finished out soon, and paint up by two weeks! (I just want these rooms finished by Thanksgiving!)

view down new hallway
view into office/ window in distance is bedroom




















The master bathroom is not going as quickly as we hoped, unfortunately one of the workers had a death in family. It looks good - but, unfortunately the room is not finished. As I've said before, once this room is finished, we start demo of the guest bath. We are actually planning to start that work mid next week - Nov 13th-ish. It will look like an entirely new room! I went with the same look/stone/layout for the second go around in the master --- but you're all in for a surprise with the guest! I hope it turns out like I plan for it to....
new master shower

The termite damage is fixed - sort of... we think we still have a few issues, but for the most part, the area under the kitchen is fixed! I won't share a picture it's not that exciting. I did end up having someone from the State Plant Board come out to the house to confirm the damage was properly repaired, and he did confirm that.... but also, confirmed our suspicions that we had more...Our attic had quite a bit. We have 30 days to get a response from Terminix about repairing that damage.

We got a garage door Last week. I'm not as happy with it as I hoped I would be....Trust me, it's better, but it's not what I was expecting. Hopefully it will grow on me.


old house/ new house
 That's all I have for updates right now - But I do want to share two pictures, of inspiration. I'm deciding between these two pictures below for finishing out the fireplaces upstairs. Both cost roughly the same, but both give the house a completely different look/feel. So....here is my inspiration for the fireplaces you've seen before. Thanks for reading, hope you have a fantastic weekend.
option 1 (cast)



No comments:

Post a Comment