Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Evolution of a (master) bedroom

This is how our master bedroom looked when we bought the house. Ohhh, Creamy. And check those bad boys out - tinted windows. 


I had it painted before we moved in to see how it would feel. I honestly liked the room this dark with NO furniture (see below). But as you'll see, it feels small once you get the furniture in there. 


(Picture below) December of 2014 - as you can see REALLY Dark! 
I took the (Striped) curtains down eventually, because I only had 3 panels made at the time. (There is a 4th, but I just never made it! My sweet Momma made the other 3!) But still, for me something was/is missing. This color is actually a shade darker than what I have the room painted now. (The color is RH Slate).


but first, I did this...

When we bought the house, every room was wallpaper!!! We painted over all of it in every room, but this room - every night when I would go to bed, I could see lines. Everywhere!!!! 
It was like a really bad nightmare. So I spent 3 days fixing it, Brian was traveling, so I had plenty of time on my hands!


I thought about keeping the white - but Brian and I both agree, it was scary! However, it Really did help with the dark furniture issue. Unfortunately, since we just bought this furniture, less than a year before we bought the house, there was NO way I could ask Brian to let me sell it (or store it) so for at least a few more years, I'm stuck with it.

Heres the room as of today: *this is the same color as the exterior of my house. (RH graphite) Have I told you guys that before? The entire house is the same color scheme? I fell in love with Stone/Graphite/Slate. So every color in my entire house is from that palette of RH! (and if you haven't already noticed - I used the same colors at the Brentwood house as well!) 

I'm going to be honest here, not negative, just honest. -
 I don't like my master bedroom. Yes, I know (to you) it might be awesome, but to me - SOMETHING is missing. 
And maybe because of this half of the room? 
(sorry for the messy dresser)
Plus, I get bored with things really quick - so it might just be time for a color change! OR New Art! 
I know what I want this room to look like - I'm just not sure how to get to it! ** Without spending $$$$$




No comments:

Post a Comment