Pages

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Its (Almost) Done!

Big News! The upstairs is 95% done! Finally
I won't over do it on this post with a lot of words, I will however, share A LOT of pictures! 
At the end, I have a few updates about the downstairs :)

Now that you've seen the Kitchen, Master Bath, and Guest Bath, I am happy to finally show you that our living room and dining room are back in order!

I do need to explain a bit about this (now) living room. The before pictures are a little bit boring. Our (now) living room was originally a "study" and the dining room. We demo'd the wall between the two rooms, (location where you see the sofa below) and made this area our living room. 
I should mention too, that the shelves you see in the background were not original to the study, but the fireplace was part of that room. (by the way, when I said 95% done above, the last 5% is finishing out those fireplaces!)
living room December 2014
And below, opposite side of the room (again, this was the dining room of this house).


Why would someone want to have the living room on the opposite side of THIS view?!?

Now that I've cleared that up - here is what the original home owner had as the living room, which we made our dining room. (does this all make sense)?!
Dining room, December 2014


Below, I've done a side by side, of our original front door, and the updated (Decorated for Christmas) New doors :)
March 2014

Front Door - December 2014
Below you will see one of the two upstairs guest bedrooms. The one pictured below, is the only 'functioning' room right now, considering the other is Mr. Kitty's room (for now) and storage. 
I have to say, every time I walk past this room at night, I stop... Can't help but love this tree/room. Picture does not do justice!


As for the basement
Today the trim was being finished - and a few guys started painting the bedroom, bathroom and office space. They will be painting in those areas until Friday. 

I am told, the floors go in sometime around Tuesday, of next week. With the 'finish outs' we were told, it Could be done as soon as 4 weeks, but at the most 6 weeks. (if all goes according to plan)
I do have to admit, the basement is going SO much faster since nothing is in the way down there.

I will leave you with one last photo - one I really want to brag about - Our House, with Christmas lights - put up by yours truly! 

As always, thanks for reading....

No comments:

Post a Comment